What is Agile Marketing?
Online marketing and SEO are hot topics for businesses large and small. Ultimately everyone wants the reward but the path to managing successful online marketing campaigns is often a mine field of obstacles that are difficult to overcome such as:
- Where to begin
- Lack of resources
- Budget constraints
- Mismanaged campaigns
- Failed expectations
Remove those obstacles by finding the right balance that fits your:
- Work and personal schedule
- Online marketing budget
- Ability to invest time or resources
There are 2 concepts that define “agility” when describing an Agile Search Marketer. Definition of “Agile” (verb)
- the power of moving quickly and easily; nimbleness: exercises demanding agility.
- the ability to think and draw conclusions quickly; intellectual acuity.
Becoming an Agile Marketer starts with finding the right balance that fits your company goals, budget and ability to invest time or resources into online marketing efforts that work. If you want to become an Agile Marketer, your organization needs to take online marketing seriously by:
- Defining a champion within your team
- Gaining SEO and Online Marketing Knowledge that is easily understood
- Following a process that makes sense
- Building the process into your schedule
- Purchasing a toolset to manage the process and gauge results
To think and to move quickly are important characteristics of the Agile Search Marketer but in order to become agile, it requires a journey that will change not only how you work but in how you view your online search marketing role in your business or within an organization. Search marketing is a long term commitment that involves:
- Ongoing discovery
- Web project management
- Time management
- Setting expectations for yourself and for stakeholders
- Defining reasonable, realistic goals
- Measurement and testing
None of this happens overnight. Becoming an Agile Search Marketer involves acquiring knowledge over time and achieving incremental successes that build into high level milestones. Each win or loss is valuable in terms of helping you to think and draw conclusions quickly about the visitors you want to convert, bringing you closer to online marketing agility.
Learn how you can integrate Agile Marketing best practices into your way of planning and executing online marketing efforts that work.